Thanksgiving lunch is finished, dishes are done, START THE CHRISTMAS CHEER.
Where shall we start. Of course, if you have started your holiday shopping (don’t forget our great gift bundles) We are ready to move on to having a great time preparing for the little elves.
Speaking of elves, I know all of you with small guys have the one and only Elf on the shelf. Nothing is easier than this panel for elf accessories, Lewis & Irene Fabrics - Elf Accessories Blue and Lewis & Irene Fabrics - Elf Accessories Red and Green. Change his/her clothes, scarves and put them in different places. Or how about put the new duds in tiny gift boxes for the Elf to unwrap each day. How much fun and memories made.
Another great idea is our cloth books panels. I have made many of these already. The Moda Fabrics - Snow Day Panel is wonderful. Complete with sweaters and mittens to use for a different look each day. The Dog Daze Panel and the All Star Panel are filled with activies for your toddler. Match game, tic-tac-toe, and fine this are games that will build skills and make many great memories. I know there is nothing like having my grands sit with me on a chilly day and play.
Come back next week and we will start the decorating! How fun.
Join Laura is this wonderful class. It will get you in the SPIRIT of Christmas. Whether you're new to sewing or just want to customize your holiday decor, you'll have fun at this Christmas Stocking class with Kasey on Saturday, December 5th from 10:00am - 12:00pm! Basic sewing skills are helpful, but not required. Fabric is not included in the class fee, however, if you purchase your fabric for this class from us, you will receive a 20% discount.
As you are preparing for your Christmas rush. What would be better than Reusable Holiday Gift Bag. Come join us for this great class. Laura will teach this class December 21 from 1-3.
Susan and Karen
Remember to check out Monday the 20th for the Turkey Pattern and come back Monday the 27th for an easy Christmas Table Runner.
Cookies for that special party or guests
ALMOND PRALINE BARS
INGREDIENTS 24 (1 Bar) Servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups (3 1/2 sticks) butter, softened, divided 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Rum Extract With Other Natural Flavors
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, 1 cup (2 sticks) of the butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar, almond extract and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over hot crust. Let stand 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate over crust. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, remaining 1 cup sugar and corn syrup to boil in heavy medium saucepan on medium heat. Boil 3 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in rum flavor. Spread evenly over chocolate-covered crust. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Cut into bars. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 5 days
- TIPS AND TRICKS
- Line pan with foil with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Use foil handles to remove baked dessert from pan. Place on cutting board and cut into bars.