A Tale of Two Newborns
Posted on May 01 2020
Next week marks two very special anniversaries for me: our shop turns five, and The Boss (aka, my daughter Evelyn) turns four. And remarkably, I'm still here to tell the tale!
My mom and I opened Chateau Sew & Sew five years ago, and as life would have it, I was pregnant shortly after that. Eight months later, I had two newborns in need of constant love and attention.
Within two weeks of being born, Evelyn and I would head into the shop each day -- me to work at my cutting table, and she to sleep on it in a dog bed made for a shop display proved to be the perfect fit!
One day a gentleman came into the shop and saw her sleeping atop her dog bed throne and said aloud, "I know who the real boss is around here!" And thus, Evelyn's nickname was born, which she has since earned time and time and time again.
I've realized watching my shop and my daughter grow up alongside one another these past years that the two have much in common:
- Both are rewarding
- Both require a lot of attention to detail
- Both are vibrant and full of energy
- Both are fun
- Both are pretty cute...if I don't say so myself ;-)
- I can't leave either of them alone for long... get into trouble that way
- Both sometimes make me want to cry -- sometimes from joy, sometimes from frustration, but always with love in my heart
- Both keep growing
- My mom - thankfully - helps me with both!
- I love them both dearly.
So, please join me in wishing Chateau Sew & Sew and The Boss a very happy birthday!
To celebrate next Friday, May 8th, we'll be hosting giveaways all day on our Facebook page and one lucky email subscriber will also win a prize. If you want a chance to win, please like us on Facebook and be sure to subscribe to our email list.